Supreme Court Cases
- Appeal of East Derry Fire Precinct 137 NH 607 (1993)
- Court defines criteria for having Supervisors in Union bargaining units.
- Appeal of AFSCME Local 3657 Decided October 19, 1995
- Court determines whether Local Police or Sheriff will patrol Manchester Airport.
- Appeal of Portsmouth Fire Commissioners 140 NH 435 (1995).
- Court Defines criteria for anti-union speech.
- Appeal of Edward Boulay 142 NH 626 (1998)
- Court determines that State employees are entitled to review all evidence of charges against them at pre-termination meetings.
- In the Matter of Cassady and Cassady Argued 1/13/1999
- Court rules on gifts as property in divorce case.
- Blagbrough v. Town of Wilton 145 NH 118 (2000)
- Court rules on Municipal liability for maintenance of historic bridge.
- Appeal of Ray Moore Argued 6/20/2000
- Court addresses recurring work injury claim for SEIU member on appeal from Department of Labor
- State v. Mark Brien, Argued 10/16/2002
- Court addresses challenge to justification for vehicle stop in DWI
- In the matter of Lemieux and Lemieux 157 N.H. 370 (2008)
- Court rules on reformation of Divorce Decree based upon mutual
mistake of law. A Landmark ruling regarding pension divisions in
- Appeal of AFSCME Council 93, Local 1386 Portsmouth City Employees, Appeal Filed December 30, 2009
- Court asked to determine
unfair labor practice charge
- In the matter of Richard Lemieux and Joanne Lemieux, Appeal filed January 14, 2010.
- Court considers ex-spouse’s entitlement to worker’s pension benefits accrued post divorce.
- Patrick Gorham AFSCME Council 93, Local 1824-04 V. Androscoggin County. Appeal decided by the Maine Supreme Judicial Court May 13, 2011.
- Court rules for the first time in Maine history that terminated employees are entitled to a full, written decision before an appeal must be filed. Previous case law indicated that oral notice of a vote to terminate was sufficient.
- Brian Brown v. Town of Northfield, Appeal filed October 23, 2012
- Court is asked to invalidate Brown’s termination from employment based upon a select board vote alleged to have occured prior to his termination hearing.
- Appeal of Town of Brookline decided April 18, 2014
- Court upholds AFSCME Union’s right to process grievances even when its membership drops below the requirement of ten.
- Appeal of Hillsborough County Nursing Home decided September 12, 2014.
- Court upholds AFSCME Union’s right to process grievances despite employer claims of untimeliness.
- Bovaird v. NH Department of Administrative Services decided September 30, 2014
- The Court determines reinstatement rights and benefits of “laid off” state employee.
- Appeal of Nolen, decided November 12, 2015
- Court applies Worker’s Comp “four year rule” to claimant’s request for renewed disability benefits.
- Simeonov v. Twins Contracting, LLC
- Appeal filed 9/9/16
- Court is asked to rule on criteria for “Piercing the Corporate Veil” of an LLC for the first time in the history of N.H.
- GP – Nashua Limited Appeal decided March 31, 2017
- Court affirms landlord’s right to evict…